Test Taker Authenticity
I certify that I am the person who will be taking the PEAT and that my sole purpose for taking the PEAT is because I am seeking licensure in a U. S. jurisdiction.
I am aware that all PEAT materials, including my answers, are the property of the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT).
I understand that the PEAT is a confidential and secure practice examination, protected by U.S. and international copyright and trade secret laws.
I also understand that I am contractually obligated to keep all PEAT content confidential, by virtue of this Security Agreement I am entering into with FSBPT.
I understand and agree that the following things are examples of prohibited acts and that this list is not inclusive of every potential prohibited act.
I agree that I will not:
- disclose or discuss PEAT content with anyone verbally, in writing, or through any other method of communication including on the Internet, through email accounts, or through any social media;
- copy, memorize, record, or otherwise attempt to retain or recreate PEAT content including questions, concepts, topics, graphics, and images;
- assist anyone to copy, memorize, record, otherwise retain, recreate, or reconstruct the content for any purpose;
- share answers to questions;
- study from information derived from any item listed above.
Exception to the above: candidates may review and discuss PEAT questions with educators and tutors for educational purposes, provided that the material is not reproduced or transferred outside of the PEAT delivery system.
Obligation to Cooperate
I recognize that I may be asked in the future to respond to questions, provide information or documents, or otherwise participate in an investigation of an exam security matter related to PEAT. Failure to fully cooperate in an investigation may be considered a breach of my obligations under this Security Agreement.
Consequences for Non-Compliance
I understand that FSBPT has the right to take action against me if I breach this agreement, if I fail to comply with reasonable requests from FSBPT staff, or if any of my actions may reasonably be construed to misrepresent myself, jeopardize the security of the PEAT, or call the validity of PEAT scores into question. These actions may include one or more of the following:
- FSBPT may cancel my access to PEAT or my responses without a refund;
- My practice exam may not be scored
- The institution where I received my physical therapy education may be informed of actions taken against me;
- I may be temporarily suspended or permanently banned from taking PEAT;
- I may face a lawsuit that may result in my receiving court-enforced penalties;
- I may have to pay a monetary penalty;
- I may face criminal prosecution;
- Disciplinary action may be taken against me by a jurisdiction licensing authority (state board);
- Other action deemed necessary by FSBPT.
FSBPT is the final authority that determines whether I have the privilege of taking PEAT or whether an examination is scored.
I have read, understand, and agree to the foregoing statements.