Test Taker Authenticity
I certify that I am the person who will be taking the NPTE and that my sole purpose for taking the NPTE is because I am seeking licensure in a U. S. jurisdiction.
I am aware that all NPTE test materials, including my answers, are the property of the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT).
I understand that the NPTE is a confidential and secure examination, protected by U.S. and international copyright and trade secret laws.
I also understand that I am contractually obligated to keep all NPTE content confidential, by virtue of this Security Agreement I am entering into with FSBPT.
I understand and agree that the following things are examples of prohibited acts and that this list is not inclusive of every potential prohibited act.
I agree that I will not:
- disclose or discuss NPTE content with anyone verbally, in writing, or through any other method of communication including on the Internet, through email accounts, or through any social media;
- bring any materials or devices into the testing room or attempt to remove any items from the testing room;
- copy, memorize, record, or otherwise attempt to retain or recreate examination content including questions, concepts, topics, graphics, and images;
- assist anyone to copy, memorize, record, otherwise retain, recreate, or reconstruct the content for any purpose;
- share answers to questions;
- study from information derived from any item listed above.
Obligation to Cooperate
I recognize that I may be asked in the future to respond to questions, provide information or documents, or otherwise participate in an investigation of an exam security matter related to the NPTE. Failure to fully cooperate in an investigation may be considered a breach of my obligations under this Security Agreement.
Consequences for Non-Compliance
I understand that FSBPT has the right to take action against me if I breach this agreement, any of the terms and conditions specified in the Candidate Handbook or Prometric Testing Center Regulations, if I fail to comply with reasonable requests from Test Center Administrators or FSBPT staff, of if any of my actions may reasonably be construed to misrepresent myself, jeopardize the security of the NPTE, or call the validity of NPTE scores into question. These actions may include one or more of the following:
- The Test Administrator may immediately dismiss me from the test session;
- My exam may not be scored, my scores may be canceled, without a refund, and the jurisdiction receiving my scores may be informed of the reason for the cancellation;
- The institution where I received my physical therapy education may be informed of actions taken against me;
- I may be temporarily suspended or permanently banned from taking the NPTE;
- I may face a lawsuit that may result in my receiving court-enforced penalties;
- I may have to pay a monetary penalty;
- I may face criminal prosecution;
- Disciplinary action may be taken against me by a jurisdiction licensing authority (state board).
FSBPT is the final authority that determines whether I have the privilege of taking the NPTE, whether an examination is scored, or whether the score from my examination is provided or transferred to any entity or licensing jurisdiction.
I have read, understand, and agree to the foregoing statements.
Jurisprudence Assessment Module (JAM)
Before continuing with registration, you must agree to each of the following statements. Adherence to these policies is necessary in order to maintain a fair process for you and for other users of the assessment. If you do not agree to these terms you will not be permitted to complete the JAM.
- I certify I am the person registering for the JAM. I am taking the JAM solely for the purpose of seeking or maintaining licensure as a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant.
- I am aware that all JAM materials, including my answers, are the property of FSBPT. I understand that the JAM and its contents are being disclosed to me in a limited context to permit me to complete it and for no other purpose. Assessments covered by this agreement:
- Hawaii Jurisprudence Assessment Module
- New Hampshire Jurisprudence Assessment Module
- New Jersey Jurisprudence Assessment Module
- I agree that I will not discuss or disclose JAM content with anyone, whether it be orally, in writing, on the Internet, or through any other medium. I agree that I will not copy, reproduce, adapt, disclose, or transmit any question or answer, in whole or in part, or assist anyone else in doing the same. I further agree that I will not reconstruct JAM content from memory, by dictation or by any other means, for any purpose, including but not limited to the purpose of sharing that information with any other individual or entity.
- Examples of prohibited acts include, but are not limited to: describing questions from the JAM; discussing JAM questions on web “chat rooms,” message boards, or forums, or through email accounts or any other social media; identifying terms or concepts contained in JAM questions; sharing answers to questions; referring others to information seen on the JAM; or reconstructing a list of JAM topics.
- I understand and agree that FSBPT has the right to cancel my JAM score if it finds any evidence of any irregularities whatsoever or if I violate this agreement. FSBPT is the final authority that determines whether the score I receive is transferred to the jurisdiction licensing board.